Monday, October 19, 2009

No good deed goes unpunished!

I smile while I write this because today as I was vacuming out our van I realized that "No good deed goes unpunished!"
My girls came into the front of the car to "Help" me and well I was just thankful to get the car semi clean so I didn't pay too close attention to what they were doing. Sadly, our coin compartment is empty now and my CD/Tape decks are full of it. I could be mad but I can't. I remember this same thing happening to this same car and CD/Tape player, six years ago by two naughty little boys while I was doing the same thing. So I guess I am the one to blame. You think I would have learned. My only comfort in this lies in the fact that when we had it replaced the first time they said this type of thing happens ALL the time. Maybe my kids aren't naughty little monkeys like I once may have thought them to be.
I've realized this is a common theme in general for mothers. If you don't remember the lessons and learn from them they come back around so you can experience them again.

2 comments:

Nola said...

Thanks for making us laugh. We remember many times when five naughty monkeys attacked our home! And there is the one Troy Boy who put a tennis ball down the toilet. A pair of socks also went down. Needless to say, the toilet ended up needing to be replaced. So, SMILE and give the four little cute monkeys a hug from Nanna and Papa! We love you!

Kaylyn said...

Oh Jam, that is awesome. You have the best attitude! I will call you soon and catch up. Loves!