Wednesday, June 25, 2008

House hunting part 2

So...you have heard from me lately, complaining about house hunting and all the joys that go with it. I have to confess this blog is a sort of a journal for me too so I have to continue with all our house hunting experiences...lucky you gets to read about them. Monday night we decided to meet with a realtor to show us a house that is literally up the street from us. We chose to let the kids come and thought how bad could it be. Troy drove the four wheeler over with three kids hanging off of it and Lucy and I hoofed it over. (That word hoofed describes how I feel when I am carring Lucy in the baby bjorn). We met the nicest man showing us the house and we hoped the kids would stay in the backyard and play. Wow was I wrong. Something about bringing out the four wheeler in the neighborhood. It's like we have a music box on top playing ice cream songs for all to come and join. The parade started and the kids followed us up the street and the caos began. It made me smile but also made me cringe. All was well the kids stayed out mostly including Lauren. (I should include that she is mostly potty trained...but that depends on the day). We were with the realtor down in the basement looking at it and we hear a scream. Lauren is famous for random screams so we didn't think too much of it. We came up the stairs to find a naked little girl running through the kitchen. Troy died. He obviously doesn't deal with mortifingly (I am not even sure if that is a real word) embarrassing situations on a daily basis. It seems I find Lauren running around outside naked more than not lately. He quickly scooped her up and took her outside. I opened the back patio door and out on the beautiful deck was a pile of clothes and a big puddle. It was so embarrassing. I stayed with the realtor and Troy took a naked little girl home on the four wheeler with all the neighbors wondering what was going on. If we weren't the strange family on the street before we are for sure now. The fact that my kids run around outside with life jackets on all the time must make them think that we have a few screws loose. (I just bought them last week and the kids think they are the greatest toys/dress ups ever). We are for sure in survival mode since we no longer even try to park the car in the garage. I am amazed at how many bikes and strollers we have.
Anyway, I could go on forever but these are the funny little things that make up our days so I thought I would share them. We will keep you posted on the house hunt. We are getting desperate since we are taking to knocking on neighbors doors asking them if they are considering selling. Oh well, at least we can say life isn't boring.

9 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I love the daily adventures of our lives. Good luck with the house hunt. Isn't it a buyers market? What does that mean anyway?

La said...

I love reading your blog. It always makes me smile. :)

Kaylyn said...

Lauren is priceless. I love it!

Elizabeth Lohner said...

Hi sweet Jame,

I had a great time this morning looking through the pictures of your beautiful kiddos and laughing at your latest adventures! I loved your entry for Kimball's birthday. Jameson just had his 2nd birthday and I need to write a little something about having him in our family. Sure love you guys! Wish the Lohner's had a blog worth visiting...sometime soon we will get it together!
Loves,

Liz

Heather said...

I love your colorful recap of the kids' antics. And I am so glad that you have hairy, memorable adventures to share. It makes me feel less of and odd man out!

Lynn Family said...

You'll get that dream home...especially after the price you've paid in hunting adventures!!! You're such a sweet, wonderful Mom! Best wishes!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Jamie I am so sad for you guys, but can't help but giggle too! I wish the house hunting was going better. I say buy my sisters amazing house :) Then I would know exactly where you live! he he! Wish we could enjoy the house hunting woes together. I mean doesn't anyone have as good as taste as we do! ha ha ha! Love you chica! I will call you soon.

Lisa said...

You guys probably want to stay in your neighborhood or I would tell you we have a TON for sale over here. (one is right across the street)What a funny house hunting story. So great! The first week we moved in and Andrew would ride around the cul-de-sac in basketball shorts, cowboy boots, a tye dye shirt and a nights helmet. Then, Anna does the naked thing all the time! Must be something to do with potty training! But, hey if you move in across the street we could be known as the nude cul-de-sac.

erin said...

Hilarious! I can't stop laughing.