Sunday, November 9, 2008

New attitude

So has the time change affected anyone else? My family is still getting up at five in the morning, super peppy and ready to start the day. If only I went to bed at a decent hour this wouldn't throw me into such a tail spin each day. Saturday was no exception except I couldn't for some reason shake the grumps that morning. I was not happy. My poor family. I finally did us all a favor and went for a run in the late morning to just clear my foggy mind. One thing about Idaho that I love and hate is the wide open space. My subdivision is a small area with sidewalks that take you in one big circle. You can only run them so often before you want to poke your eyes out. So I went out on a limb and ran along the "quietest" country road close by. I usually avoid this road for a multitude of reasons but mostly it is the nasty dogs that no one bothers tieing up or fencing in or training to be nice. They scare me and I like dogs. Anyway, in my quiet time while running,I realized some things that I need to write down so I can read in the future again to remind myself. First of all I DO like fall...contrary to all my complaining about Idaho and it being so cold. I miss the close,beautiful Utah mountains, but I have started to really love the acres of fields. I am actually looking forward to winter somewhat so that I can ski and do all the fun things that I haven't done for years again...this time with my kids. Yeah, how great is it to have kids that can finally enjoy all the things you once enjoyed. I am determined to have a mountain biking partner soon. I think Kimball shows the most interest in becoming that partner. It is really fun to think about hanging out with my kids and the fun people they are turning into. Cole and Kimball are Troy's fishing buddies and I actually have a dream of all of us out fly fishing a lake together one day. I am sure Lauren will out fish us all being the most athletic in our family. Fun though...it made me grateful for so many things this little time to myself to clear my head. I think I give off the impression that I don't like Idaho. I don't know how that could be but...ok I am so guilty. I vowed this weekend to make a change and to start with my attitude about Idaho. Next my attitude about Football. I like it. I think I get jealous that Troy likes it more than me...but oh well. The Utes have won his heart and it is fun to see the crazy little Ute fans we have running around the house. My secret favorite thing is when Troy starts singing the fight song around the dinner table and all the kids join in and we have a pep rally going on right here in our kitchen. (We still get the Michigan fight song mixed up in it...since this has been a long standing tradition). The list goes on and on of things I want to make changes on but these are the current front runners and most drastic. I will have to check in and let you know how things are progressing. So all in all it was a very productive run and I am still sore from it today (sunday). I guess in a way this is my early New Years resolutions. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I am sure there are a lot of good things about Idaho :) You are a sweetie and the winters there are really, really hard but I think you have the right attitude of just getting out there and enjoying it as much as possible and don't skimp on the winter clothing...The cheap stuff really isn't the same and we always froze as kids.

Jenna said...

I agree with everything but the the Utah Ute thing...because of course, we are all total college football fans...we love fall for this..and we are crazy BYU fans. RA,rararararararararararararara,gooooooo cougars!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

JAMIE! You posted! Not one either, and with pictures! This is revolutionary, then you add in this post about your atitude ajustment to Idaho. Whoa, you are a changin. But, I like you no matter how you come, (complaints and all).

Kaylyn said...

I loved the post! I am glad that you are coming around to Idaho, maybe Cole will like it more than Texas soon :). I love that you sing the Utah fight song, it brings a smile to my face!