Sunday, November 16, 2008

Saturday is our play day.

What would be the highlight to a great day of fishing at the local kids stocked fish pond and a yummy dinner at Artic Circle (in Shelly Idaho...no less) with eight kids 9 and under?...a night playing Wolfen. Wolfen you may ask...Now what it that? Good question. Troy and I were invited over to the neighborhood game night last night and we were introduced to this fine game. Ever played Mafia? It's similar. It makes me laugh how no matter how old you get and plain exhausted you are at the end of a week when ever the fun house calls you are there in a flash. We put the kids to bed at 7:45 and were out the back door with a monitor in hand by 8:00 pm. For anyone who has never had the pleasure of having such a luxury as having a baby monitor be your baby sitter you are missing out. Our backyards are all connected and we enjoy many fun nights out thanks to our new babysitter...aka the monitor. I saw a new side to all of my neighbors. Who knew I lived by such a shifty sort. Ha just teasing. We love our area and get such a kick out of all our neighbors. We were pulling out of the driveway to go fishing yesterday and our neighbors hollered to us to stop and they said " Where ya going?...wait we'll come too" how fun is that. Our neighbors are very patient with us and all our bikes and ramps and fun stuff. (I think our home teachers had to walk up the bmx bike ramp to get to our front door tonight). There seems to be endless fun and games in our neighborhood and that is worth a lot to a kid. As well to the parents.
See my attitude is changing and I want you to all know of the fun and good that goes on in Idaho too. Saturdays are good anywhere as long as you get a chance to enjoy them as a family.

6 comments:

Stef said...

What a cute family! I'm glad you found me on facebook, I'm terrible at facebook, but I'm glad you have a blog so I can see cute pics and stuff. How are things? If you go to my blogs, I also have links for Trulee and Peter.
Stef

Unknown said...

You make me miss Idaho. That is how it always was growing up. I miss it.

Kaylyn said...

That's it, we are moving to your neighborhood. Or maybe we can just come live with you?

Lynn Family said...

Wow how awesome is that! Enjoy it all sweetie you deserve it! Way to change your attitude, it does make a world of difference...yet very hard and I would have a hard time--I like my warm Texas but I know in about 2 1/2 years I'll probably be going somewhere cold again and I'm so not looking forward to it!

The Farnsworth Family said...

Oh my it is Christmas on the Peterson blog! All these posts...I love them all! Austin and I looked at all the Halloween pictures and he said "I miss Kimball and Cole". I love reading about your fun happenings. We will move right next door so we can tag along on your fun adventures too :) Glad you are having so much fun!

RP said...

Jamie~ SOOOO good to see your cuties! I cannot believe how big the are! And I still remember Kimball as a little BEE for Halloween! We miss you! It looks like ID is treating you well! so good to see you in the blog world!
Amy

flagfam.blogspot.com